The Stores/Procurement Section is responsible for procurement of Chemicals,
Diagnostic Kits, Machinery & Office Equipments, stationery/misc. items,
liveries/ uniforms for Group D Staff, Ration for animals etc. by calling
tenders/through Govt. Agencies by adopting purchase procedures as laid down in
Government norms. Stores Keeper is responsible for issuing
all these items and other related stationery & general items to all
the Divisions/Sections of this Institute for their day to day requirements.
In order to achieve these objectives, the Section has been involved in
the following activities:
- Calling of Limited Tenders, Direct/Single
& Govt. Purchases for procurement of various items by issuing
- uploading of most of the tenders on the NCDC website for their wider publicity
and for fetching most competitive rates is a recent effort from Stores,
as per GFR Guidelines.
- Co-ordination with Procurement Cell, Dte. GHS as well as M/s HSCC,
Government approved Procurement Agency in respect of procurement of emergency items e.g.
Ventilators, Semi Automatic Analyzers, Tamiflu
Tablets/Syrup, PPE Kits, N-95 Face Masks, Tripple
Layer Face Masks and their stockpiling & distribution/dispatch to
various Bird Flu affected states.
- Stores is also involved in Logistic of said supplies from NCDC to
Delhi Airport and co-ordination with different States regarding receipt
- Maintainance of Laboratory & Office
- Co-ordinating purchases of eight Branches of NCDC by issuing sanctions
for quotations called by these Branch Incharges.
- Maintainance of proper Bin Card System for maintaining Stock/Issue Ledger
of all stocks (approx. 1500 items).
- Procurement Section of NCDC has been given Credit Code No. for Credit
facility in booking Bird/H1N1 related items.
- Letter of Credit for Import of Items is also being managed by Stores/Purchase
Section of NCDC.
- Efforts have been made towards initiating computerization of receipt of stores & maintenance of records from 2010-11