Name of Technical Division
Centre for Non Communicable Diseases
Name, Qualification, Designation and Contact Details of the Head of the Division
Dr. Sonia Gupta
Addl. Dir. & Head
Telephone: 011-23917287 (0)
Mobile No.: 9810305078
Other officers in the Division
(Name, Qualification & Designation)
Dr Sanjay Kumar
MBBS, MS (ENT)
Mobile no.: 9968609808
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Rinku Sharma
MBBS, MD (PSM)
Mobile No: 09871155664
Email Address: email@example.com
Dr Hema Gogia
MBBS, MD(CHA), DNB, DHA, MNAMS
Deputy Assistant Director
Mobile No.: 8860258928
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Centre for NCDs was established in February, 2015. Mandate of Centre for NCDs at NCDC includes:
· Technical support to NPCDCS
· Capacity building
· IEC & Advocacy with policy makers and NPCDCS programme managers
· Monitoring & Evaluation
· Internal Review of NPCDCS in 2015-16 of initial 100 districts, to assess the implementation status, data validation and program outcomes.
· Developed the Training Module for Medical Officers for Prevention, Control and Population level Screening of Hypertension, Diabetes and Common Cancers (Oral, Breast and Cervical) under NPCDCS.
· Organized the National Level Training of Trainers for Medical officers for 29 states and 4 UTs to roll out Population level screening under NPCDCS.
· Investigated root cause of disability in four villages namely Hariharpur, Godiapalli, Chediapalli and Panchrida Manpur of Odagaon block in Nayagarh district of Odisha state.
· Prepared and released CD Alert on Rheumatic Heart Disease and Diabetes
· Screening for NCDs and their risk factors among faculty and staff of NCDC.
· Causes of non compliance to continuum of care in patients screened under NPCDCS for hypertension and/or diabetes in Sundergarh, Odisha 2016 (ongoing).
· A Study to establish the risk factors for cancer in Mustafabad district of Delhi (ongoing)
IEC Activities: Celebration of International Days of Public health Importance key health days
· World Health Day
· World No Tobacco Day,
· International Day of Yoga
· World Diabetes day,
· World Heart Day
· Seminar on Rheumatic Heart Disease
Activities for strengthening the NPCDCS
1. Monitoring the roll out of Population Based Screening in the respective states
2. Improving quality of data recording, validating & timely reporting from sub-centre to the state level utilising the revised registers and formats under the programme.
Research in collaboration with states
1. ICMR StudyImplementation of Survey for Monitoring National NCD Targets: 2015-16 in states of Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi in 2017-18.